MISTER FREEDOM® x SUGAR CANE Spring 2011 Collection “Les Apaches”: The long-awaited for MFSC CHEMISE CALICO is here!
Elegant shirting is a large part of our MFSC Apaches collection, and without further ado, we introduce the chemise calico in two versions: An indigo blue Calico and a white Calico. Inspired by late 1800’s European cotton printed shirting fabrics and several vintage swatches from MF® Archives, we went back to early techniques of discharge printing to produce these textiles in Japan.
PATTERN: All original MFSC pattern, inspired by early European shirting.
FABRIC: All cotton fancy Broadcloth, 3.5 oz. Exclusively woven and printed in Japan for MFSC. Limited run.
A) Indigo dyed base, discharge calico print.
B) White base, indigo calico print.
BUTTONS:Authentic French 1900’s-1930’s New Old Stock glass buttons, also referred to as boutons Briare, because of their regional origin (Finding them in France was a real wild goose chase…)
* Original MFSC pocketing
* Full button front with secure “belly flap”.
* Lower button placket tab to secure shirt to trousers waist button. (there is a photo of Amedeo Modigliani out there, sporting one of those traditional shirting tabs…)
* Back yoke passe-cravate, to keep scarf or tie in place.
* Back panel and cuff early shirting traditional shearing.
* French style gussets.
* Collar and button placket facing with indigo dyed solid popeline.
* Original woven MFSC rayon labeling and sizing tab.
CONSTRUCTION: Tailor type single needle french seams, no overlock nor chainstitch. 100% Cotton thread, extra high stitch count.
PACKAGING: The shirts come in an individual old school chipboard box, exclusive to MF.
The original oil painting was masterfully executed by Mr. PATRICK SEGUI of RIVETED blog fame, and a paper print of his artwork will be featured on the Apache Collection box tops.
SIZING: All the Apache shirting is sized/labelled in french.
35(Xsmall), 37 (small), 39 (medium), 41 (large), 43 (Xlarge), 45 (XXlarge)
SHRINKAGE: Both fabric options are RAW and unwashed, and will shrink lightly with cold wash/hang dry.